In collaboration with the concerned regulators, the Abu Dhabi government seeks for fairer and safer market within the emirate; where the import and export of consumer products are being properly inspected and monitored. The Council has established its Consumer and Market Services Sector (CMS) in order to effectively carry out this obligation. CMS, as such, controls and monitors the markets of the emirate of Abu Dhabi effectively, ensuring product safety and preventing high risk.
The Consumers and Markets Services Sector (CMS) has developed a database of reporting injures and incidents caused by products in order to enhance their interaction with consumers. In line with the Council's objectives of applying the highest quality standards in Abu Dhabi Emirate, it urges and encourages consumers to report incidents resulting from non-conforming products, detailing its injuries that may result from such use.
We are working hard to reassure every consumer in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi that the products they are using are of the highest standards of quality and safety, and Legal metrology
In addition, CMS are working to provide a safer and fairer market in the Emirates of Abu Dhabi, enhancing trust and confidence amongst the consumers and suppliers.
• Monitors consumer products in ensuring they are complying with the approved UAE technical regulations and standards, by randomly taking product samples from the Abu Dhabi markets and sending it to an accredited testing laboratory/ies for verification testing.
• Manages and clears all recalled products from the Abu Dhabi markets and issuing appropriate warnings for any violations committed in order for effective execution.
• Followup on Manaa, where consumers are allowed to report injuries and incidents caused by a non-conforming product/s., This eventually helps to promote existing conformity schemes in the council while strengthening direct interaction with consumers.
• Raise awareness among consumers in reducing the use of low quality and unsafe products through a wide range of different media channels (Websites, brochures, involvement in conferences, etc.)
• Monitors consumer products in order to ensure they are complying with the approved UAE technical regulations and standards by inspection
• Prevent the circulation of recalled products found in the Abu Dhabi market and issuing appropriate warnings for any violations committed in order for effective execution.
• Verify the legal metrology instruments found in the Abu Dhabi market and issuing appropriate warnings for any violations committed in order for effective execution.
• Supervise the process of verifying the accuracy of legal measuring instruments used in measuring pre-packaged products that are being sold in markets and at the supplier or manufacturing facilities in order to ensure their conformity with standards.
• Develop procedures for verification of legal measuring instruments for pre-packaged products to ensure they comply with the requirements of the technical regulations and also to ensure they are aligned with all updated legislation.
• Raise awareness among consumers and entities related to legal standards and metrological services.
• Build capacity to verify legal measurement tools and pre-packaged products that are to be implemented in the emirate's markets.
• Plan and implement verification projects for legal measurement instruments and pre-packaged products that comply with legislation and regulations.
• Develop annual plans to take random samples of legal measuring instruments and pre-packaged products and take appropriate actions in case of non-conformity.
• Supervise the implementation of the national measurement system in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi in terms of legal standards, prepare relevant legislation and review the same with regulators.
• Allow regulators to enhance effectiveness through cooperation and coordination in all matters related to legal standards.
You can go and see all recalled products by clicking on: